Helpful Tips When it Comes to How-to Deal With a NYC DOT Sidewalk Violation
Being a property owner in this area is unique to the rest of the country, for a number of reasons. One of the big differences is that you have to give thought to sidewalk services in New York City, because you're responsible for it. Not just responsible as in other parts of the country where if someone falls you could be held liable. Here in New York, the sidewalk on your property is your responsibility to maintain, and could earn you a Department of Transportation (DOT) violation. Obviously, keeping your walkways well-maintained is the key to avoiding a DOT violation in the first place. However, should you get issued a violation, don't panic, just learn how to quickly take care of it.
Useful Tips for Dealing With DOT Violations
The important thing to remember is that a DOT sidewalk violation won't just go away. If you fail to address the matter, the Department of Transportation will resolve the matter, using their own crew or hiring a contractor, which ends up being the most expensive way to handle the matter. Consider these handy tips before moving forward with a plan of action to resolve the matter:
- Keep in mind that you do at least have 45 days to fix the problem, in most situations. As easy as it is to panic, it's better to take a deep breath and start doing research to devise a plan of action for resolution.
- Take the time to carefully read the violation and pinpoint what exactly needs repairs. Sometimes, it's not as big a deal as the notice initially makes it seem. It could be a small section in disrepair and there should be a diagram to demonstrate the location.
- Use the diagram page for the approximate square footage for the repair work that is required to be completed. You can use this number and the linear feet of curb if needed to be repaired, too.
- To make sure you're getting a good price, you can use the included DOT estimation for sidewalk repair for the job compared to the quotes you get from service providers. Obviously, you're looking for an estimate that's less than what the DOT will charge to do the job, while still able to offer quality work.
- Include a copy of the violation for any companies you contact for a quote. In most cases, the contractor won't even have to be on-site to give a quote.
Trust Eden Sidewalk Repair NYC for Good Value
It's important to work with a professional company that's trained and experienced specifically with DOT violations. This ensures the work is carried out to the satisfaction of DOT and avoid incurring another infraction within a short time period. Eden Sidewalk Repair NYC offers you high-quality work for a reasonable price. Call us today for prompt and professional sidewalk services in New York City.
The Cost Of Sidewalk Repairs In NYC
As a New York City property owner, the responsibility for keeping the sidewalks around your property in good shape falls on you, and if you delay too long in doing so, you could find yourself facing […]
Common Injuries Caused By New York City Sidewalks You Can Avoid
It's true that, for a while, the slip-and-fall corner of the legality market was huge. While laws and courtrooms have cracked down on frivolous lawsuits that are more on the complainant's shoulders t […]